The ALI Approach
Applied Learning Institute (ALI) provides both in-home and clinic-based individualized, one-to-one Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy services to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our registered behavior technicians implement individualized programs that break down tasks into manageable steps, build language and learning skills, enhance the ability to navigate complex social environments, and effectively reduce challenging behavior.
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) focuses on the principles of learning theory to help improve socially significant behavior. It is considered the single most effective treatment for individuals with ASD and aims to improve the quality of life for its recipients.
ABA has been endorsed by the U.S. Surgeon General, as well as a number of other federal and state agencies, for effectiveness in the treatment of ASD. Positive reinforcement is utilized to build motivation for continual improvement. Progress is systematically tracked and evaluated to ensure that each new skill or behavior is successfully integrated into everyday life.
What ABA Therapy Helps Us Understand:
- How behavior works & how we can provide support
- How environments can affect behaviors
- How learning happens
The goal of ABA Therapy is to increase behaviors that are helpful and reduce behaviors that are harmful or cause a negative impact on learning.
ABA Therapy Services Can Help Provide:
- Increase skills in communication, social skills, and overall language
- Increase focus, memory, and learning
- Reduce problem behaviors that may cause disruptions in day-to-day life
ABA Services Available at ALI
- Early Intervention
- Discrete Trial Training
- Functional Behavior Assessments/Functional Analysis
- Natural Environment Teaching
- Functional Skill Acquisition
- Behavior Reduction
- Toilet Training
- Parent Training
- Social Skills Training
- Behavioral Consultation
- Communication & Language Development